Current Temp 65.0 °F
Wind : West at 9.2 MPH (8 KT)
Humidity : 45 %
Pressure : 1015.0 mb
Officials: Faulty wiring may be behind Marshall garage fire
MARSHALL, N.Y. (WKTV/AP) - Fire officials are saying a fire that destroyed the Town of Marshall's highway garage may have been sparked by faulty wiring in a vehicle parked inside.
The fire broke out just before 11:00 a.m. Sunday.
Fire officials in the Oneida County town of Marshall say the blaze destroyed six plow trucks, two front-end loaders, tools and maintenance equipment valued at about $2 million.
Authorities say it took firefighters from Oneida and two neighboring counties about two hours to get the blaze under control.
Marshall officials say town crews will be able to use plows from
the neighboring towns of Kirkland and Sangerfield.