Current Temp 22.0 °F
Wind : from the West at 17.3 gusting to 25.3 MPH (15 gusting to 22 KT)
Humidity : 55 %
Pressure : 1018.7 mb
Officials: Firefighters could not fight Annsville blaze due to live wires
ANNSVILLE, N.Y. (WKTV) - An Annsville home is a total loss after a fire broke out at a trailer on Martin Court Sunday morning.
According to fire officials, seven people were in the trailer at the time of the blaze but all made it out safely.
The home was completely destroyed and none of the items are salvageable. Fire officials say National Grid took nearly an hour to respond in order to cut off power, so fire crews had to wait to battle the flames. Live wires and water make it dangerous for firefighters.
A female resident, Heather Larsen, says she woke up and saw fire coming out of the furnace. She escaped through a window with her boyfriend, Rickey Tennant, along with their two-year-old son.
Four other children were inside the home and officials say Tennant went back into the home through the front door to rescue them. The four-year-old, the eight-year-old and two 14-year-olds were also uninjured. Two of the children were only visiting overnight.
The family says they rent the property. The family also says the kerosene furnace had been worked on recently.
Fire officials say that one of the adults suffered minor burns while exiting the residence.
The American Red Cross of the Mohawk Valley is assisting the family. Donations to the family are being accepted via the Red Cross. They ask people to call (315) 733-4666 or (315) 336-0031.