Current Temp 30.0 °F
Light Snow Fog/Mist
Wind : West at 12.7 MPH (11 KT)
Humidity : 92 %
Pressure : 1016.2 mb
Part of barn destroyed by flames
AUGUSTA, N.Y. (WKTV) - Fire crews responded Thursday afternoon to a barn fire on Augusta-Solsville Road.
Oriskany Falls firefighters battled the blaze at a large barn at an Amish farm.
Flames were extinguished some time later, but one end of the structure was completely destroyed.
The flames started in a wood stove in the front of the building where sap was being cooked.
The structure was filled with machinery and an ice house.
Oriskany Falls was aided by Madison, Deansboro, Vernon Center and Waterville on standby.