Tools

STAR deadline approaching: 3 ways to register

By WKTV News

UTICA, N.Y. (WKTV) - The deadline to register for the STAR property tax exemption is December 31st, 2013.

According to the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, 2 million qualified homeowners have registered.

Locally about 70 percent of homeowners have registered. That leaves about 30 percent who still have yet to do so.

Registration is a one-time process that assures homeowners will get the Basic Star exemption in 2014 and beyond.

Senior citizens receiving the Enhanced STAR exemption are not impacted by the new registration.

The process online takes two to four minutes.

Click here to start the process.

You can call this number for help: (518) 457-2036.

Or you can show up in person at the Utica Public Library Saturday, Dec. 14, 3pm - 4:30pm.

Patrons will be served on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Call (315) 735-2279 ext. 207.

What's On