Current Temp 22.0 °F
Wind : Variable at 3.5 MPH (3 KT)
Humidity : 78 %
Pressure : 1025.3 mb
Schuyler home destroyed by fire
SCHUYLER, N.Y. (WKTV) - A home on Graham Road was completely destroyed by fire late Friday morning, needing at least five fire departments to respond.
Crews were on the scene into the afternoon working to control the fire.
The home was completely destroyed with heavy flames and black smoke.
Firefighters had some challenges in controlling the flames, including keeping a propane tank next to the home protected from the heat. There were also no fire hydrants on the street.
Neighbors say a family lives at the residence, but was not at home when the fire started. Their pets were saved from the home.
Several departments responded including Schuyler, Frankfort, Frankfort Center, Deerfield, Newport and Barneveld.