Tools

St. Vincent Street fire under investigation

By WKTV News

UTICA, N.Y. (WKTV) - A mother and her children made it to safety after a fire at their 1207 St. Vincent Street home in the City of Utica on Tuesday morning.

Smoke could be seen billowing above the rooftops from the Oneida County Office Building on Tuesday morning as a fire broke out around 11 a.m. on Tuesday.

Fire officials say the fire began in a rear staircase in the area of a clothes dryer, but the family made it out of the front of the building with no injuries.

There was significant damage to the house, but not extensive, and it is expected that the family could return to the house at some point, Fire Chief Russell Brooks said.

The fire was quickly extinguished and the fire remains under investigation.

What's On