Montgomery County--According to WNYT a State of Emergency has been issued for Montgomery County.
As a result the following roads are closed:
- State Highway 5 between Reservoir Rd and the Village of Palatine Bridge-Rock slide with people stuck
- State Highway 10 between State Highway 5 and Groff Road Town of Palatine- road washed away
- Flat Creek Road
- State Highway 162 at intersection of State Highway 5S
- Monk Road Town of Root
- Old Sharon Road Town of Canajoharie
- Seibers Lane Town of Canajoharie
- Otsego St Village of Canajoharie
- Mud slide old Fort Plain Road Town of Canajoharie
- Mud slide between Sprakers and Canajoharie on State Highway 5S
Parts of the Thruway were closed for some time, but have since been reopened. The Emergency Operations Center in Fonda is flooded. There are a few inches of water on the floor. The Village of Canajoharie DPW is flooded.
The the county is asking residents not to travel unless it's necessary. The Village of Fonda is also under a State of Emergency.