Tools

Three killed in New Hartford fire died of smoke inhalation

By WKTV News

(WKTV) - The cause of death of three people who died in a Saturday fire at 11 Osborn Road in the Town of New Hartford has been released.

According to preliminary autopsy results, Joshua Morinitti, 7, Jordan Morinitti, 3, and Jennifer Moore, 21, all died from smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide toxicity.

The three were trapped in a home that caught fire on Saturday morning. The fire was determined to be accidental, with an origin in the area of an electrical appliance located in the northeast corner of the residence. The fire was consistent with a failure in an electrical appliance, officials said.

What's On