Current Temp 28.0 °F
Wind : West at 9.2 MPH (8 KT)
Humidity : 88 %
Pressure : 1016.9 mb
UPD: Woman drives drunk, flees police with child in car
UTICA, N.Y. (WKTV) - Utica Police responded to a car accident early Saturday morning and found that the suspect had left the scene, officials say.
The suspect's vehicle was found in the area of Mohawk and Bleecker Streets and would not stop when police attempted to pull the driver over.
Police say the vehicle later collided with a telephone pole and the driver, 20-year-old Yanique Forsythe was taken into custody.
While inspecting the interior of the suspect’s vehicle, police officers discovered a three-year-old boy inside the back without any restraint device.
Utica Police arrested Forsythe and charged her with the following:
• Endangering the welfare of a child
• Unlawful fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle
• Three counts of speeding
• No drivers license
• Failed to obey a police officer
• Driving the wrong way on a one way street
• Passing a stop sign without stopping
• Not having a child restraint seat
• DWI with a blood alcohol content of .08% or higher
• Aggravated DWI under Leandra’s Law for having an occupant in the vehicle under 15 years of age
• Aggravated DWI- having a blood alcohol content of .18% or higher.