Story Updated Fri Aug 02 14:50:55 PDT 2013
Veteran, former Mayor on day 78 of hunger strike for Guantanamo Bay
ONEONTA, N.Y. (WKTV) - A Vietnam War Veteran and former Mayor of Sharon Springs is on day 78 of a hunger strike to protest the U.S. government not closing Guantanamo Bay.
- Gillibrand calls for funding to eradicate invasive Emerald Ash Borer
- Congressman Gibson decries FEMA decision to deny individual assistance
- Senator Gillibrand on Supreme Court Ruling on DOMA
- US government collecting huge number of phone records
- New Jersey Senator Lautenberg dead at 89
- Schumer: US needs storm app for tablets, phones
- Schumer pushes tax benefits for live theatrical productions
- Congressman Hanna meets with citizens at Town Hall
- Obama: US still not sure who used chem weapons
- Hanna: denying permit "a severe crime against this community"
- Schumer: Immigration bill helps Northeast farmers
- More top stories...