UTICA, N.Y. - Utica Mayor-elect Robert Palmieri has announced a committee he has assembled that he says will deal with quality of life issues throughout the city once he takes office.
"The issues that affect the most people are those that deal with the quality of life in a neighborhood. Issues such as drugs, nuisance properties, prostitution or illegal dumping can have a widespread impact on a community," a statement issued by Community Affairs Specialist Gene Allen reads. "To address quality of life problems such as these, Rob Palmieri, Mayor-Elect has implemented an Ad-Hoc Quality of Life Committee."
According to the statement, the Committee will focus on day-to-day neighborhood and business issues such as codes enforcement, the noise ordinance, and animal control.
"These Quality of Life Indicators directly affect people’s perceptions of the City," Allen says in the release. "To foster economic growth and a vibrant economy we need to create a pleasant and safe environment for people to live and work."
The Committee will convene in the next two weeks to begin addressing Quality of Life issues in the City, with the goal of having an initial assessment ready for the Mayor’s review by the end of March.
Quality of Life Committee
- Gene A. Allen - Community Affairs Specialist
- Craig Grant - Community Coordinator – The HomeOwnership Center
- Frances Frazier - Cornhill – Family Advocate Utica City School District
- Mario Colon - Cornhill – Creative Director Hispanic Federation
- Bill Phillips - Cornhill – Former 5th District Councilman
- Lu Pway Doh - Cornhill – Volunteer to the Multi Ethnic Association of Burma
- Lucretia Hunt - East Utica - GED Coordinator BOCES
- Nedzad Fmajic - East Utica – Contractor
- Ramo Libic - East Utica – Business Owner
- Patrick Johnson - West Utica – Principal - New Life Institute
- Robin Raabe - West Utica – Owner, Tramontane Cafe
- Jim Zecca - West Utica – Common Council Member
- Lori Washburn - West Utica – Resident
- Gary Harvey - North Utica – Proctor Youth Construction Initiative
- Nicholas Fazio - North Utica – Resident
- Diane Carville - North Utica – Resident
- Tony Colon - South Utica – President at TECHNO-LOGIC SOLUTIONS, INC.
- Jeannette Spina - South Utica – Retired Teacher
- John Catera - Founder Utica Landlord Association
- David Cocomazzi - General Manager, Radisson Hotel Utica Centre
Student Representative Thomas R. Proctor High School
Student Representative Notre Dame High School