Saturday, November 1, 2014

News
Investigators looking into whether candle played a role in Faxton Street fire
By WKTV News


UTICA, N.Y. (WKTV) - Crews are currently investigating whether or not a candle played a role in a fire at a two-family structure in the City of Utica on Friday afternoon.

Crews responded to 15 Faxton Street in the City of Utica around 1:40 p.m. on Friday to find flames and smoke coming out of the rear and second floor of a home, which officials said was shared by a pair of brothers, one who was living downstairs, the other living upstairs.

During the course of the fire, the roof of the building collapsed, but it is believed everyone who was inside at the time of the fire had evacuated.

Fire Chief Russell Brooks said they believe a candle may have been involved in sparking the fire, but was not positive. He said Fire Marshals were on the scene investigating and working to determine an official cause.