Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Firefighter injured while battling fire in Lowville
By WKTV News
LOWVILLE, N.Y. (WKTV)
- A firefighter was rushed to the hospital late Tuesday night while fighting a fire in Lowville.
Officials say it began as a chimney fire at 5497 Shady Avenue in Lowville and during the course of battling the fire, a firefighter fell down a flight of stairs.
The owners were at home at the time the fire broke out, but officials say they made it out to safety.
There is no word yet on the name of the firefighter or the extent of the injuries.