Current Temp 70.0 °F
Heavy Rain Fog/Mist
Wind : West at 10.4 MPH (9 KT)
Humidity : 93 %
Pressure : 1009.5 mb
Senate moves to eliminate harmful business regulations
ALBANY, N.Y. (WKTV) - The New York State Senate is expected to vote, Monday, to approve 14 regulatory reform bills that would eliminate thousands of government regulations that inhibit job creation in the state.
Sen. Joseph A. Griffo (R-C-IP, Rome) sponsored the measure that includes items such as...
• Establish a task force to conduct a complete review of the State Administrative Procedure Act (SAPA) and regulatory review process;
• Eliminate 1,000 burdensome regulations on businesses;
• Give the Senate’s Administrative Regulations and Review Commission more oversight authority in the rule-making process to ensure state agencies do not overstep their authority in implementing rules and regulations;
• Stop unfunded state mandates on local governments and school districts; and
• Require state agencies to provide more information on the costs and benefits of new rules.