House in Town of Madison destroyed by fire

By WKTV News

MADISON, N.Y. (WKTV) - A family in the town of Madison is staying with friends after flames ripped through their home on Lay Road early Tuesday morning.

The fire started just before 3 a.m.

Everyone was able to make it out of the home safely, but the house is considered a total loss.

Seven fire departments responded to the scene. They say the house was fully engulfed in flames.

Crews were able to get the blaze under control in an hour and a half.

The fire chief says the fire was knocked down at 5:30 a.m.

He says the fire started in the area of a pellet stove.

What's On