The Remsen Depot Water tank was erected in 1855 to load trains with water as they stopped in Remsen to pick-up passengers. The depot burned in the 1890's and was rebuilt. The depot was torn down in 1962. In 1998, a new replica of the Remsen Depot was constructed. Through all the burning, rebuilding and tearing down, the water tower always stood proud.
Remsen Depot Water Tower Stands Proud
This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options: