Smoke pours from a clayville home that caught fire Friday afternoon.

Clayville home goes up in flames

A home on Church road in Clayville caught fire around 2:00pm today. Smoke could be seen from a great distance and crews were still on the scene with flames flaring up almost two hours later. No one was home when the fire started and one cat was rescued from the blaze. There is no word yet on the cause of the fire.

This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options:

Add a comment


Comment: 250 Characters Left

NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 | Utica, NY News, Weather and Sports and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.

I have read and agree to the terms