Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

Firefighters make quick work of chimney fire in Westmoreland

  • Updated
  • 0

WESTMORELAND, N.Y. -- Firefighters quickly extinguished a chimney fire at a home in Westmoreland early Friday morning.

Crews were called to the home on Cider Street around 1 a.m.

The fire chief says the man who lives in the home was not injured, and there was only minor damage to the house.

The fire appears to have been caused by built-up soot in the chimney, according to the chief.