Ten local people are ready to Go The Distance on July 8!
On Tuesday evening, the Go The Distance Committee chose ten people for this year’s team. The 12-week training program will prepare the 10 runners to complete the Boilermaker 15K race on Sunday, July 8 in Utica.
This year’s team includes:
- Samantha Long of New Hartford
- Katie Hudson of Herkimer
- Jessica Covey of Utica
- Michelle Blatt of Utica
- Rachel Olson of Mohawk
- Monica Stowell of Holland Patent
- Kathleen Riley of Utica
- Devin Collver of New Hartford
- Jennifer Waters of New York Mills
- Kelly Dodson of Utica
The first Go The Distance run will be a 1.8-mile course on Monday, April 16 at MVCC in Utica, beginning in the parking lot adjacent to the tennis courts.
Even if you weren’t picked for the team, everybody is welcome to run with us! The group will run at 6 p.m. Mondays on the Boilermaker course, 6 p.m. Wednesdays at SUNY Polytechnic Institute and at 8 a.m. Saturdays at SUNY Poly, beginning at Parking Lot C.
You can find the full 2018 Go The Distance schedule here.
If you haven't yet registered for the Boilermaker Road Race, there are more than 2,000 spots left for the 15K race, and more than 500 spots left for the 5K race. You can register here.
Congratulations to the new Go The Distance team, and get ready to lace up those running shoes!
- 2018 Go The Distance team has been chosen!
- 2019 Go The Distance team excited to finish first Boilermaker Road Race
- First-time Boilermaker runner? Apply now for Go The Distance!
- Go The Distance runners take on part of the Boilermaker course tonight
- First-time Boilermaker runner? 1 day left to apply for Go The Distance!
- 10 first-time runners ready to Go The Distance in the Boilermaker 15K
- Long-distance runner, Caroline Rotich, wins women's division of Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- Boilermaker announces 2018 Charity Bib partners
- 2018 Boilermaker - A picture perfect day!