UTICA – The Boilermaker Road Race, Bank of America and the City of Utica area teaming up to host the annual Bank of America Youth Olympics on Thursday.
The kids’ events will begin at 10 a.m. Thursday at Proctor Park in Utica, at the intersection of Culver Avenue and Welsh Bush Road. The award ceremony will be held at 1 p.m.
The kids’ events, which are free to participate in, include basketball, baseball, jump rope, kickball, disc golf, hockey shootout, balloon toss, checkers, Connect Four and more.
Prior to the kids’ events will be a basketball game between Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri, Bank of America Market President Michael Brunner, Boilermaker President Mark Donovan and special guest Emily Durr, the Section III basketball all-time point leader and Iowa State alumna.
Up to 500 children are expected to participate in the event.
- Bank of America Youth Olympics to be held in Utica on Thursday
- Hundreds compete in Bank of America Youth Olympics
- More than 200 kids participated in Boilermaker Youth Olympics
- Event information for Utica National Kids' Run on Boilermaker weekend
- 1,400 kids take part in 2018 Utica National Kids Run
- Thousands take the streets of Utica for Boilermaker 15K start
- Boilermaker post race party kicks off at the brewery in Utica
- Utica man was the oldest runner in 2019 Boilermaker Road Race