UTICA, NY – The 41st running of the Boilermaker Road Race may just be a distant memory, along with all the aches and pains, but the awards keep on coming.
This year’s Corporate Cup Challenge winners were announced Tuesday at Boilermaker Headquarters on Court Street.
The team taking home bragging rights for the fastest overall corporate team was Excellus BlueCross Blue Shield.
The fastest overall male and female corporate runners were both from the Hamilton College team.
There were also awards handed out for best male and female teams in small, medium, and large companies, as well as co-ed teams.
“It’s a way to build camaraderie within a company,” says Corporate Cup coordinator Cosmo Castellano.
“A lot of times these company teams will have a run during their lunch hour, or maybe after work. It pulls these teams together and builds teamwork not only within the running team but within the company itself.”
After the awards were handed out, the Rescue Mission of Utica, Ronald McDonald House of Syracuse, and The City Mission of Schenectady were chosen to each receive a $500 cash award.
They were chosen from charities nominated by the different Corporate Cup teams.
For a complete list of Corporate Cup winners click here.
- Boilermaker announces Corporate Cup winners
- Boilermaker post-race party beer announced
- Boilermaker announces 2018 Charity Bib partners
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- Registration dates announced for 2018 Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker Committee Run - A hot one!
- Boilermaker introduces Mark Donovan as new president
- Boilermaker Walk cancelled due to low turnout
- Boilermaker Bound: Full coverage on WKTV!
- Boilermaker 101: Expo, parking, course maps & more