UTICA – Nearly a year after former Boilermaker Road Race President Tim Reed announced he was stepping down from the position, the organization has found his replacement.
The Boilermaker on Wednesday introduced Mark Donovan as the new president of the organization at race headquarters at 805 Court Street.
Donovan is an Albany native who has lived and worked in the Mohawk Valley for 23 years. His most recent work experience includes serving as chief operating officer for Mele Companies. Prior to that, he worked for ConMed Corporation for more than 20 years.
Just one day after the 40th Boilermaker Road Race in 2017, Tim Reed announced he was stepping down as president, although the Boilermaker said in a news release that the position has been vacant since October 2017. Reed served as Boilermaker president for 10 years.
The 41st Boilermaker Road Race will be held Sunday, July 8 in Utica. Both the 15K and 5K races have sold out.
New Boilermaker President, Mark Donovan pic.twitter.com/SVajDD82BY
— Joleen Ferris (@joleenferris) June 6, 2018
- Boilermaker introduces Mark Donovan as new president
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- Boilermaker announces Corporate Cup winners
- Boilermaker Committee Run - A hot one!
- Boilermaker post-race party beer announced
- Boilermaker Walk cancelled due to low turnout
- Boilermaker announces 2018 Charity Bib partners
- Boilermaker Bound: Full coverage on WKTV!
- Boilermaker 101: Expo, parking, course maps & more
- Fun facts about the Boilermaker Road Race!