UTICA – Despite the snow and frigid temperatures, it’s never too early to start thinking about summer – especially when it comes to the Boilermaker Road Race!
The Boilermaker 15K and 5K races will be on Sunday, July 8.
Open registration for the Boilermaker begins at 12 p.m. Saturday, March 17. Early registration for those who completed last year’s race and those who had to defer their registration is now closed, and nearly have of the 15K spots are already full.
So far, 7,078 people have registered for the 15K race, and 1,744 people have registered for the 5K race. The 15K race will be capped at 14,500 participants while the 5K race will be capped at 4,500 participants.
When registration opens on Saturday, you can sign up for the race here.
If you’re a first-time Boilermaker 15K runner, don’t forget to apply for Go The Distance! The 12-week training program will prepare you to run the Boilermaker 15K, beginning with a 1-mile training run and increasing distance each week until you reach the full 9.3 miles.
Ten people will be selected to be on this year’s Go The Distance team. If you’re interested in applying, click here!
- Boilermaker open registration opens Saturday; 15K spots nearly half full
- Early access registration now open for Boilermaker Road Race
- Just over 1,800 spots remaining for Boilermaker 15K; less than 500 for 5K
- Boilermaker 15K and 5K races both sold out
- Boilermaker Road Race unveils 2018 logo, new 15K sponsor
- Daniel Romanchuk wins Boilermaker 15K wheelchair race for 3rd time
- Gabriel Geay of Tanzania wins Boilermaker 15K for first time
- Mary Wacera of Kenya wins women's Boilermaker 15K once again
- Boilermaker Bound: Full coverage on WKTV!
- Registration dates announced for 2018 Boilermaker Road Race