UTICA – Tonight will be the first Go The Distance run on the Boilermaker course!
The GTD team will run 2.5 miles tonight, beginning just before the start line of the Boilermaker at ECR Boilers at 6 p.m. Runners will make their way down Culver Avenue to the Utica Armory, then turn around and run back to the start line.
All are welcome to run with the Go The Distance team. The team runs every Monday evening on the Boilermaker course, and every Wednesday evening and Saturday morning at SUNY Polytechnic Institute. The team follows a 12-week training program to prepare them for the full Boilermaker 15K race on Sunday, July 8.
If you’re interested in training with the GTD team, you can find the full training schedule here.
You can find more information about this year's Go The Distance team here.
- Go The Distance runners take on part of the Boilermaker course tonight
- First-time Boilermaker runner? Apply now for Go The Distance!
- First-time Boilermaker runner? 1 day left to apply for Go The Distance!
- 10 first-time runners ready to Go The Distance in the Boilermaker 15K
- Long-distance runner, Caroline Rotich, wins women's division of Boilermaker Road Race
- 4 local high school runners awarded Boilermaker Road Race scholarships
- Virtual training is in Boilermaker runners future with 'interactive video'
- Watch runners take on Boilermaker 5K start line
- 2019 Go The Distance team excited to finish first Boilermaker Road Race
- New view as runners cross the Boilermaker finish line this year