UTICA -- As the 2018 Boilermaker Road Race approaches, staff at the F.X. Matt Brewery are preparing for the post-race party!
Brewery staff have been working hard over the past two weeks to get ready for the party. This Sunday more than 40,000 people will head out to the brewery for some post-race fun!
Brewery staff have been having lots of late nights and early mornings in preparation for Sunday. Staff will be up as early as 12 a.m., the day of the race, doing party prep!
So far they have been putting up sponsor banners, getting beer trailers ready, and organizing their facilities. Staff expect to pour around 300 halves of beer at the post-race party.
Al Hodkinson, Community relations manager at F.X. Matt Brewing Co., says it'll be nice to see all of their hard work the day of the race.
"Once it all comes together, it's honestly electric," Hodkinson said. "The boilermaker road race, it's a lot of fun to watch what goes on behind the scenes. There's a lot of people who volunteer, there's a lot of committees that go into planning this race. And just the everyday person who would come to this race, or who would stop by the post-race party. They don't really get to see what goes on behind the scenes, and it's really impressive how the community can come together and host an event like this ."
Hodkinson says preparing for the party has been challenging with the current heat wave. They say it can be hard to keep the beer trailers working and to keep the beer cold, but staff say it should be fine as long as they are well-stocked with enough ice.
Staff also say parking will be tough on Sunday so make sure to come as early as possible.
- Staff at F.X. Matt Brewery prepare for Boilermaker post-race party
- Boilermaker post-race party beer announced
- Fun facts about the Boilermaker Road Race!
- Boilermaker motorcycle driver talks race day responsibilities
- GALLERY: 41st annual Boilermaker Road Race
- Boilermaker staff discuss security at first meeting of the season
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- Boilermaker 15K and 5K races both sold out
- 4 local high school runners awarded Boilermaker Road Race scholarships
- Registration dates announced for 2018 Boilermaker Road Race