UTICA, N.Y. -- With thousands of runners, walkers participating in the 45th America's Greatest Heart Run and Walk Saturday -- several road closures have been announced.
There will also be hundreds of volunteers, organizers and supporters in the area.
The course extends from Barneveld to Utica College, so area drivers will experience delays and alternate traffic patterns starting at 7 a.m. March 2.
SPECIFIC ROAD CLOSINGS AND DETOURS:
- Route 365 - 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. - Closed to east bound traffic between Mapledale Rd. and Barneveld
- Route 365 - 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. - Closed to east bound traffic between Route 291 and Mapledale Rd.
- Route 291 - 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Closed to north bound traffic between Route 69 (Oriskany Blvd., Whitesboro) and Route 365
- Main St., Whitesboro - 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Closed to west bound traffic
- Mohawk St. Whitestown/Marcy -9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. - Closed to all but local traffic between River Rd. Marcy and Main St. Whitesboro
- Main St., NY Mills & Main St. Yorkville - 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Closed totally between Burrstone Rd. & Oriskany Blvd.
- Burrstone Rd. - 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Closed to ALL traffic between Old Burrstone Rd. & Main St., New York Mills
- Champlin Ave. - 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Closed to ALL traffic between Burrstone Road and Graham Ave.
- Campbell Ave. Yorkville/NY Mills - 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Closed to all traffic between Second Ave. and Main St., NY Mills
- Clinton St, NY Mills - 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Closed between Henderson St., and Burrstone Rd.
- Elm St. Young Ave. Fairway Dr. Winchester Dr. Pulaski St. Prospect St. NY Mills, Cross St. Yorkville - 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Closed to All, but local traffic
- Yorkville Corners at Oriskany Blvd. Main St. - 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. - Will have a severe traffic delay for east and westbound Oriskany Blvd. Traffic will be re-routed away from the intersection during event
- Champlin Ave. - 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Traffic arriving at St. Luke’s Hospital should approach from the north on Champlin Ave (Yorkville)
- Business Park Dr., Washington Dr. - 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. - All traffic controlled between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- French Road ramp off Rt. 12 Arterial - NB & SB - 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Closed to all Arterial traffic
- St. Luke's Campus - Approach from the north going southbound on Champlin Ave. from Yorkville
- Slocum-Dickson Medical Center - Enter from French Road by exiting Route 12 Arterial at Lomond Place
- Notre Dame High School, Notre Dame Lane - Enter from French Road by exiting Route 12 Arterial at Lomond Place. Entering on Business Park Drive
Officials are asking people to cooperate and adhere to the advice given by law enforcement and fire officials along the route. For more information, please call the American Heart Association at (315) 580-3964.