ONEONTA, N.Y. - A family of four has been displaced after a house fire on Cedar Street in Oneonta.
The fire broke out a little after 2 a.m. Wednesday morning.
When crews first arrived, they saw heavy fire on the first floor with flames extending up the outside of the house to the second floor.
Mutual aid from several area departments were requested to the scene.
Officials with the Oneonta Fire Department say due to smoke damage, the home is uninhabitable at this time.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
No injuries were reported.
- Family of 4 displaced after fire in Oneonta
- New developments for the Oneonta Rail Yard
- Updates for the Oneonta Rail Yards
- Business plan options for Oneonta Theatre
- Students move in at SUNY Oneonta
- Ongoing issues between the town of Oneonta and the fire district resurface at public hearing
- Town of Oneonta is set to get a new fire protection district
- Community members mourn the death of SUNY Oneonta student
- First stage of Oneonta rail yard gets approved
- Oneonta Common Council discuss state grants at meeting