ROME, N.Y. - Rome firefighters have determined the cause of a house fire on West Pine Street to be accidental.
The fire started from a buildup of dryer lint, which fire officials say serves as a great reminder to families.
Crews say the fire was contained to the basement, but there is extensive wiring and smoke damage.
There were no injuries.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
- Dryer lint buildup causes Rome house fire
- Rome Firefighters respond to house fire caused by outdoor grill
- Rome Rescue Mission celebrates Christmas
- MVCC hosts Aviation Day in Rome
- Rome man announces candidacy for mayoral race
- Rome Fire Department helps locals enter a career as a firefighter
- Fire crews respond to house fire in West Winfield
- Investigation by Rome police leads to drug bust
- Downtown Rome is set to get a $10 million transformation
- Rome Catholic School holds annual festival at MVCC