BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – Justin Hobbie, age 41, of Springfield Center, pled guilty to three counts of sexual exploitation of a child.
Hobbie was a gym and health teacher in Cooperstown until his arrest in December 2018. In pleading guilty, Hobbie admitted that from 2015 to 2018, he persuaded, induced, enticed and coerced three girls under the age of 16 and recorded sexually explicit acts and images.
Hobbie also admitted that he persuaded, induced, enticed and coerced the three girls to take and send him explicit pictures.
Hobbie is expected to be sentenced on December 19, 2019. Hobbie faces at least 15 years in prison on each count, with a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison per count.
Hobbie will be required to serve a term of supervised release of at least five years and up to life, following his term of imprisonment.
Hobbie will also be required to register as a sex offender.
- Former Cooperstown teacher pleads guilty to sexually exploiting children
- Parents seek answers in the arrest of Cooperstown High School teacher
- Mug Club: Cooperstown Dreams Park Open House
- Utica man pleads guilty to shots fired case
- Cooperstown church holds prayer service for immigrant families
- Cooperstown celebrates the Fourth of July at the Farmer's Museum
- Packed streets in Cooperstown for the holiday weekend
- Cooperstown Board of Trustees propose law that could affect drone users
- Paid parking in Cooperstown begins Memorial Day Weekend into the summer
- Former Cooperstown police chief in need of kidney transplant, community rallies with GoFundMe