Photo Gallery 1 Images
Former Oneida County Sheriff Bill Hasenauer has passed away.
Hasenauer served as sheriff from the mid-70s through 1990, when he retired from law enforcement. He returned to public service in 2000, when he began the first of five, non-successive, two-year terms as Town of Forestport supervisor.
Hasenauer served in law enforcement for a total of 35 year before his retirement.
Current Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol says Hasenauer was the longest serving sheriff in Oneida County at more than 18 years, and will be missed.
In honor of Hasenauer, flags at the Oneida County Correctional Facility will be lowered to half-staff, and badges will be draped for 14 days.
- Former Oneida County Sheriff Bill Hasenauer passes away
- Maciol sworn in for third term as Oneida County sheriff
- Oneida County hosts Youth Awards Dinner
- 130th Anniversary of the Oneida County Fair
- Oneida County raising mental health awareness
- Oneida County residents apply for flood assistance
- Benefit being held for Willowvale fire chief, Oneida County deputy sheriff diagnosed with stage 4 cancer
- Nationwide flu epidemic makes its way to Oneida County
- Oneida County Executive discusses local issues at White House conference
- Power outage impacts 1,600 customers in Oneida County