UTICA -- The Boy Scouts of America Leatherstocking Council held its fourth annual Leadership Dinner Wednesday.
The dinner shines a light on the leadership and character development that Boy Scouts provides to the youth. Boy Scouts reps say 240 people attended the leadership dinner, which aims to honor those who represent the scout mission to mold young leaders in the community.
The event began with the eagle scout community service project and ended with a dinner where awards were presented to two honorees, Eve Van de Wal and Harold "Tom" Clark Jr. The community leadership award is given to those who exemplify the ideals of the Boy Scouts of America. Van de Wal is the first woman to receive this award.
The Leatherstocking Council, which is the local chapter of the Boy Scouts, serves nearly 4,000 children throughout the Mohawk Valley region.
- Local Boy Scouts chapter holds annual leadership dinner to highlight community leaders
- Mug Club: Boy Scout Troop 111 Spaghetti Dinner
- Ilion community holds annual 5k race
- A local organization holds a mystery dinner for a cause
- Mug Club: 12th Annual Holiday Auction & Dinner
- Local United Way holds 2nd annual ‘100 Women Who Care’
- Mug Club: RPEA Chapter Celebrates 50 Years
- Mug Club: The Neighborhood Center's 17th Annual Auction & Dinner
- Mug Club: Boy Scout Troop 111 Bottle & Can Drive
- DiNitto Farms holds annual Farm Fest