UTICA, N.Y. - More than 100 women attended the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica area’s ‘100 Women Who Care’ event.
This is the second year the non-profit held this event in Utica. One of the ball rooms at Delta Hotel by Marriott was filled with area vendors, many of them were women-owned companies. Organizers said they hope the gathering gives women a chance to contribute to their community – and be seen.
All the proceeds will benefit the United Way's ‘Ready for Kindergarten’ program - which is one of the organization’s key initiatives.
"We're focused on making sure that children ages zero to four are prepared for kindergarten,” Erin Matt, CEO of the local United Way said. “So socially, emotionally, behaviorally, that they are ready to succeed in school.”
Organizers said they plan to host this event again next year, around the same time as this year, in honor of International Women's Day.
“This program is so close to everyone's heart in terms of helping children and focusing on the most vulnerable in our community," Matt said.
- Local United Way holds 2nd annual ‘100 Women Who Care’
- Preview of the 2nd annual Sylvan Beach Boat Show
- Mug Club: 2nd Annual Taste of the Valley
- DiNitto Farms holds annual Farm Fest
- Notre Dame holds annual graduation ceremony
- Ilion community holds annual 5k race
- Sitrin holds annual Stars & Stripes Run-Walk
- Poland Fire Department holds annual Chinese Auction
- Over 100 people celebrate International Women's Day in New Hartford
- Local Boy Scouts chapter holds annual leadership dinner to highlight community leaders