NEW HARTFORD -- Local schools are conducting an emergency 'go home' drill Tuesday.
Officials say schools are required to conduct an Emergency Management Plan drill in compliance with the Comissioner of Education Regulations.
Students will be dismissed 15 minutes before their normal dismissal time.
Each school district will notify parents, students, and staff members about their specific ‘Go Home’ drill plans.
At least a dozen schools are participating in the drill, the largest being Utica City School District.
A complete list of participating schools is below:
Clinton Central School District
Greater Utica Area Catholic Schools
Holland Patent Central School District
New Hartford Central School District
New York Mills Union Free School District
Oriskany Central School District
Remsen Central School District
Sauquoit Valley Central School District
Utica City School District
Waterville Central School District
Westmoreland Central School District
Whitesboro Central School District
Worcester Central School
- Local schools to conduct emergency 'Go Home' drill
- Firefighters participate in 52nd annual Firefighter's Drill School
- Local school threat leads to community conversation
- Local karate school wins national titles
- City of Utica declares snow emergency
- Local schools to receive funding to modernize classrooms
- Utica Roadrunners help local high school students with scholarships
- The Utica City School District will have a police officer present at a local high school
- Local ice skaters return home to train following Empire State Games
- Local high school students prepare for 'March for Our Lives Utica'