HERKIMER, N.Y. - Colton Saucerman from the Utica Comets stopped by Herkimer High School to visit their youth floor hockey program Wednesday evening.
Saucerman talked with the kids, answered questions, took pictures, signed autographs, and showed off some of his skills.
The Mohawk Valley Hockey Club is a nonprofit organization that started in 2016 and has over 90 kids.
The organization is working on getting their own facility with a deck hockey rink (no ice) and the president of the club says it will attract more people in the area to get involved in the sport.
"It would just give everybody an opportunity to play the game because the fact of the matter is not everybody can skate, but there's a lot of people out there that love hockey," Scott Kinville, the president of the Mohawk Valley Hockey Club. "I think it'd be a great thing for not just Herkimer County, but the entire area."
Kinville says they are still unsure of the exact location for the facility, but it will be somewhere in Herkimer County, anywhere from Frankfort to Little Falls.
- Local youth hockey club gets visit from Comets player
- Mug Club: Bobby Page Memorial Foundation Hockey Game
- Local radio club helps Florence victims
- Dolgeville recognizes local youth for their commitment to tobacco prevention
- Holocaust survivor visits Utica
- Mug Club: Grease
- Mug Club: Bunny Brunch
- Mug Club: Sip & Paint
- Mug Club: EMS Week
- Mug Club: Mediterranean Festival