Daniel Nellis, the man who killed a St. Johnsville woman in 2018 was sentenced to 40 years to life in prison.
Michaela MacVilla went missing last September after leaving her job. Her body was found days later in a field in Fulton County.
Prosecutors say Nellis' DNA was found on MacVilla's clothes and under her fingernails.
Nellis is planning an appeal.
- Nellis sentenced to 40 years to life for killing St. Johnsville woman
- Woman who hit and killed a Hinckley teen sentenced in Genesee County Court
- Sentencing delayed for Yorkville man convicted of killing brother
- Historic Old St. John's Church celebrates 200 year anniversary
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Sea of green for this year's St. Patrick's Day Parade 'Mad Mile' in Utica
- Mug Club: Ava Dorfman St. Patrick's Day
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- GALLERY: 2018 St. Patrick's Day Parade
- PHOTOS: 2019 St. Patrick's Day Parade!