NEW HARTFORD – Oneida County hosted a dinner, Friday, to honor local youth and youth mentors for their positive impact on the community.
The dinner was held at Daniele’s Banquet Specialists in New Hartford.
Families and students, from school districts throughout Oneida County, came out to celebrate the accomplishments of the honorees.
Reps with Oneida County say the event is a way to give back to those who give so much to the community.
There were 11 honorees. The honorees ranged from students who maintained high grades while going above and beyond in their volunteer efforts, to staff that work in after school programs and serve as role models for students.
Oneida county executive Anthony Picente, Jr. says the dinner shows that the future of Oneida County is in “good hands, with outstanding youth who are being guided by equally outstanding adults.”
This is just the beginning for local youth recognition. Oneida county reps say they hope to continue this event for many years to come.
- Oneida County hosts Youth Awards Dinner
- 130th Anniversary of the Oneida County Fair
- Oneida County raising mental health awareness
- Oneida County residents apply for flood assistance
- Mug Club: Corned Beef Dinner
- Mug Club: Murder Mystery Dinner
- Mug Club: Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
- Nationwide flu epidemic makes its way to Oneida County
- Oneida County Executive discusses local issues at White House conference
- Former Oneida County Sheriff Bill Hasenauer passes away