The open enrollment period for health insurance has arrived and signing up might be trickier this year.
Open enrollment for New York State will continue until the end of January 31, 2019.
The average deductible on employer-based health insurance will be around $1,500, and for a private policy, the average will be $4,000.
Experts say selecting the right plan for next year depends on what you paid this year.
"If you're generally healthy, younger, you're not covering the insurance for other people, it might make sense for you to choose a plan with a higher deductible and lower premium," said Donna Rosato of Consumer Reports.
Rosato says even though health conditions haven't changed, your health insurance probably has.
You can click here to go to New York’s marketplace.
- Open enrollment is underway in New York State
- Chenango Ave Bridge construction underway
- Plastic bags could soon be banned in New York State
- New York State official takes notice of Ilion's water problem
- Mental health education required in New York State schools
- New smoke detector law in New York State
- Vote for your favorite New York State license plate design
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- New York State Department of Transportation give updates on Route 5S construction project
- Local woman becomes first black woman to own a radio station in New York State