POLAND – The Greatest American Heart Run and Walk is finally here, but lacing up and hitting the pavement isn’t the only way to show support for the cause.
In the Poland Central School District, a former student who passed away from cardiac arrest is remembered each year. Alyssa Pomichter died unexpectedly in 2007 when she was in first grade.
Photo provided by the Poland Central School District
Every year since, students who were in her class and current first-graders raise money for the American Heart Association.
Alyssa’s former classmates are now seniors at Poland, and the senior class and current first-graders participated in the American Heart Association’s Indoor Hear Walk at Sangertown Square on Feb. 28.
The Poland Central School District says that each year, Alyssa’s photo is put up in the school with heart-shaped displays from people who donate to the cause.
- Poland seniors, first-graders participate in Indoor Heart Walk
- Participants refuel following Heart Run and Walk
- Sangertown indoor walk hopes to bring awareness ahead of Heart Run
- Sauquoit Valley students participate in National Student Walk Out
- Mug Club: Two-Day Indoor Garage Sale
- $931,243 raised by 2018 Heart Run and Walk