UTICA – Preparation continues for the Healthy For Good Expo at the Clark Athletic Center at Utica College, part of the America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk.
The expo gets underway at 9 a.m. Friday, no matter what the weather may be, and it will run until 7 p.m. Friday. There will be booth set up that are geared toward a healthy heart lifestyle, and people over the age of 17 can get screenings such as heart assessment, lung assessment and stroke risk assessment.
“We have consulted with our traffic and safety and they’re more than well prepared to make sure everything’s clear,” said Steve Gassner, logistics chairman for the Heart Run and Walk. “We’ve talked to all the participant parking lots and they’re well aware of it and will make sure that everything is clear and make sure it’s safe for everyone to enjoy.”
WKTV will begin live coverage of the Heart Run and Walk Telethon beginning at 12 p.m. Friday. The telethon runs from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
For more information, you can text UTICAHW to 51555, or click here.
- Prep underway for Friday's Healthy For Good Expo
- Healthy for Good Expo underway at Utica College, despite storm
- Mug Club: 2019 Senior Expo
- Heart Expo's hands-only CPR demonstration
- Mug Club: "Harvest of Health" Expo
- Vendors you must hit at the Heart Expo this year
- Chenango Ave Bridge construction underway
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- Heart Expo: Registration, screenings, telethon ahead of Saturday's run and walk
- Screenings at the Heart Expo could help save a life, help you make healthier choices