UTICA – The Resource Center for Independent Living held their annual fundraiser dinner in Utica, Wednesday.
RCIL aims to help seniors avoid being isolated through their Adult Day Services program.
Some seniors are not able to attend the program due to financial reasons, and the annual fundraiser helps to combat that issue.
It was a fine dining experience for guests who contributed to the cause by donation, and by participating in a live auction.
The money raised helps seniors in Oneida and Herkimer County attend the center's Adult Day Services program.
Adult Day Services is a program where seniors can go to enjoy leisure activities and community outings during the day.
Event Coordinator Michael Yanney says he wants more people to know about the program in hopes of helping as many seniors as possible.
"We would like to make more awareness of our program, the Adult Day Services, which allows people to attend our program and receive the personal care from that” Yanney said. “And plus, of course, to raise the funds so people can attend it, who might not be able to afford it."
RCIL staff says the goal for the fundraiser is to raise $50,000. If you would like to donate to make a donation to RCIL’s cause, click here.
- RCIL holds fundraiser to help local seniors
- Loaves and Fishes of Rome hold crawfish festival fundraiser
- CNY Stair Climb holds fundraiser for upcoming event
- Fundraising for a cause
- Radioathon Fundraising Improves
- Mug Club: HalloWine Fundraiser
- Local church holds active shooter training session
- Mug Club: 2019 Senior Expo
- 'Kick-off For Kids' fundraiser
- Mug Club: Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser