UTICA – Nearly 9,000 runners and walkers will be participating in this year’s America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk on Saturday at Utica College.
The course stretches from Barneveld to Utica College, and people driving through the area will experience some road closures and traffic delays between 7 a.m. and 12 p.m.
The following road closures and detours will be in place Saturday:
- Route 365: 7:30-8:30 a.m. – Closed to eastbound traffic between Mapledale Road and Barneveld
- Route 365: 8-10 a.m. – Closed to eastbound traffic between Route 291 and Mapledale Road
- Route 291: 8-10:30 a.m. – Closed to northbound traffic between Route 69 (Oriskany Blvd., Whitesboro) and Route 365
- Main St. in Whitesboro: 9-10:30 a.m. – Closed to westbound traffic
- Mohawk St. in Whitestown/Marcy: 9-10:30 a.m. – Closed to all but local traffic between River Rd. in Marcy and Main St. in Whitesboro
- Main St. in NY Mills & Main St. in Whitesboro: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Closed totally between Burrstone Rd. & Oriskany Blvd.
- Burrstone Rd.: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Closed to ALL traffic between Old Burrstone Rd. & Main St. in New York Mills
- Champlin Ave.: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Closed to ALL traffic between Burrstone Rd. and Graham Ave.
- Campbell Ave. in Yorkville/NY Mills: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Closed to all traffic between Second Ave. and Main St. in NY Mills
- Clinton St. in NY Mills: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Closed between Henderson St. and Burrstone Rd.
- Elm St., Young Ave., Fairway Dr., Winchester Dr., Pulaski St. and Prospect St. in NY Mills, and Cross St. in Yorkville: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Closed to all but local traffic
- Yorkville Corners at Oriskany Blvd. and Main St.: 9:30-11 a.m. – Will have a severe traffic delay for east and westbound Oriskany Blvd. traffic. Traffic will be re-routed away from the intersection during the event.
- Champlin Ave.: 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Traffic arriving at St. Luke’s Hospital should approach from the north on Champlin Ave. (Yorkville)
- Business Park Drive and Washington Drive: 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – All traffic controlled between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- French Rd. Ramp off Rt. 12 Arterial – North and South Bound: 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Closed to all Arterial traffic
- St. Luke’s Hospital Campus: Approach from the north going southbound on Champlin Ave. from Yorkville
- Slocum-Dickson Medical Center: Enter from French Road by exiting Route 12 Arterial at Lomond Place
- Notre Dame High School and Notre Dame Lane: Enter from French Road by exiting Route 12 Arterial at Lomond Place. Entering on Business Park Drive
Patients and Staff seeking to get to St. Luke’s Hospital must approach traveling south on Champlin Avenue. Screening at the Graham Avenue Intersection will allow them to continue to the Champlin Avenue entrance.
Patients and Staff seeking to get to Slocum-Dickson Medical Center must approach northbound on French Road, and will be directed into the Center using its French Road entrance. Exit the Arterial, Route 12 on Lomond Avenue, as the French Road exits will be closed.
- Road closures, detours in place for Heart Run & Walk on Saturday
- Expect traffic delays, road closures for this weekend's Heart Run and Walk
- Participants refuel following Heart Run and Walk
- Heart Run and Walk season kicks off
- Heart Expo: Registration, screenings, telethon ahead of Saturday's run and walk
- $931,243 raised by 2018 Heart Run and Walk