UTICA – St. Patrick’s Day festivities have officially begun in the city of Utica as the inaugural St. Patrick’s Day Mad Mile kicked off at 9:45 a.m.
Runners donned in green attire and Irish costumes braved the cold and windy conditions for the quick run.
The one-mile route takes runners down the parade route on Genesee Street, ending at Columbia Street. The race was capped at 200 runners, and it will be immediately followed by the parade.
The parade will began at 10 a.m., and it will be broadcast live on WKTV NBC and WKTV.com/livestream.
If you're at the parade Saturday, don't forget to post your photos to social media using the hashtag #WKTVGreen so we can share them on our website.
- Sea of green for this year's St. Patrick's Day Parade 'Mad Mile' in Utica
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- First-ever Mad Mile kicks off St. Patrick's Day festivities
- St. Patrick's Day Mad Mile to kick off festivities in Utica on Saturday
- Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade set for 10AM Saturday
- 2019 St. Patrick's Day Parade kicks off in Utica
- GALLERY: 2018 St. Patrick's Day Parade
- PHOTOS: 2019 St. Patrick's Day Parade!
- Road closures, parking regulations for St. Patrick's Day Parade