UTICA -- Sitrin Health Care Center held their 7th annual Stars & Stripes run-walk Saturday.
Dozens of people formed teams in honor of loved ones who have served our country.
The run started with a ceremony where attendees released balloons in honor of fallen soldiers. People of all ages participated in the 5k run, 5k wheelchair race, and 2-mile walk.
The event serves as a fundraiser and this year, Sitrin raised over $140,000 to be used towards veteran services.
Organizers say they love bringing the community together for a special event for an even greater cause.
All proceeds benefit Sitrin's military rehabilitation program. The rehabilitation program provides care to post 9/11 veterans, at no cost, due to the outstanding support of the run-walk.
- Sitrin holds annual Stars & Stripes Run-Walk
- Mug Club: 8th Annual Sitrin Stars & Stripes Run/Walk
- Mug Club: 24th Annual Sitrin Harley for Heroes Raffle
- Mug Club: 5th Annual Veterans 5K Run/Walk
- Mug Club: Sitrin's Kash for Kids
- Annual Making Strides against Breast Cancer walk
- A trip down memory lane on Sitrin Lane
- Participants refuel following Heart Run and Walk
- Heart Run and Walk season kicks off
- DiNitto Farms holds annual Farm Fest