SPRINGFIELD, N.Y. - The entire town of Springfield came out for their annual Fourth of July parade and celebration.
Taking part in the parade this year were the Camden Continentals Drum Corps, the Cooperstown Community Band, and a whole host of fire departments and local officials.
The streets were packed end to end with kids and their families all enjoying the parade.
"This Springfield parade is all about the community and it's not just about the Springfield community, the surrounding communities all come together for this, it's really an awesome thing," Savannah Dunkin from Springfield said.
The parade was followed by a large chicken barbeque, that had treats like home made pies, and strawberry shortcake.
There was also an indoor quilt show and historical displays for all to enjoy.
- The town of Springfield packs the streets for the Fourth of July parade
- Fourth of July Parade in Clinton
- Packed streets in Cooperstown for the holiday weekend
- Utica events see large crowds for Fourth of July celebrations
- Cooperstown celebrates the Fourth of July at the Farmer's Museum
- Rome celebrates the Fourth of July with a ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Hundreds gather at Erwin Park in Boonville for Fourth of July Celebration
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Parade Grand Marshal leads painting of the green line on Genesee Street
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica