WKTV -- Two defendants in the Word of Life church beatings will be released from prison this week.
Linda Morey and her son David Morey pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree assault and were sentenced to five years in state prison.
They were convicted of playing a role in the beatings that lead to the death of Lucas Leonard and the severe injuries to Christopher Leonard.
The author of the book "Without a Prayer: The Death of Lucas Leonard and How One Church Became a Cult" reached out to NEWSChannel 2 about their parole. Oneida County D.A. Scott McNamara said he believes that it is accurate they will be released this week.
The victim's mother, Deborah Leonard, was released from prison last month.
- 2 Word of Life defendants set to be released from prison
- Book based on 2015 Word of Life Church beatings is released
- State Democrats release $170 billion spending plan
- Arrest details released during Giruzzi suppression hearing
- Utica Yard Dogs set for season
- Hospice & Palliative Care hosts 'Light Up a Life'
- South New Berlin man's life saved by stranger
- Heart health: Knowing target numbers could save your life
- Herkimer Co. Relay For Life kicks off 21st season
- Utica Corporation Counsel releases statement on term limits vote