HERKIMER -- Herkimer police have released the names of the victims injured in a one-car accident that happened in the town of Columbia Friday morning.
47-year-old Michele L. Snyder, of Illion, NY, sustained head injuries, several broken ribs, and was transported by MOVAC ambulance to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Utica, NY.
Snyder, the driver of a 2001 Toyota, was traveling south on Elizabethtown Road, at approximately 11:20 a.m. According to a witness, the vehicle abruptly exited the east shoulder of the roadway, struck a telephone line pedestal and utility pole guide wire, causing the utility pole to strike the driver's side of the vehicle.
Joshua M. Tripple, 39, of Frankfort, NY was a passenger in the vehicle.
Tripple sustained multiple facial fractures and other internal injuries, causing him to be transported by a Mercy Flight Helicopter to Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY.
The accident's investigation is ongoing.
- Update: police release names involved in Cedarville crash
- Updates from State Police on the fatal crash involving an Otsego County sheriff
- Police release victims names in Maryland newsroom shooting
- UPDATE: Police ID victim, driver in fatal Herkimer crash
- IHOP changing name to IHOB
- Utica Police release surveillance video related to a shooting on City Street Friday
- Ilion Fire Department names new chief
- State Democrats release $170 billion spending plan
- Utica Corporation Counsel releases statement on term limits vote
- Updates for the Oneonta Rail Yards