ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York officials are asking the public to help choose a new license plate design.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo says people can vote on the governor's website starting Monday for one of five plate designs. Four of the designs include the Statue of Liberty while one features the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge over the Hudson River.
Voting runs through Sept. 2. The design with the most votes will become available in April.
They will replace the state's blue-and-white plates, most of which are more than 10 years old. As vehicle owners renew their registrations, owners with license plates 10 years old or older will be issued new plates for a $25 fee.
Once the new plates become available, the Department of Motor Vehicles also will stop issuing the newer blue-and-gold plates.
You can cast your vote here.
- Vote for your favorite New York State license plate design
- Plastic bags could soon be banned in New York State
- New York State official takes notice of Ilion's water problem
- Mental health education required in New York State schools
- Open enrollment is underway in New York State
- New smoke detector law in New York State
- New York State Department of Transportation give updates on Route 5S construction project
- Local woman becomes first black woman to own a radio station in New York State
- Gov. Cuomo holds local listening session about possible marijuana program in New York State
- Increased patrols at New York Mills School