UTICA -- WKTV made their annual stop by Saranac Thursdays to participate in media night at F.X. Matt brewery.
NEWSCHANNEL 2s Don Shipman, Callihan Marshall, Spencer Davidson, Jill Reale, Reid Kisselbeck and Rachel Murphy were helping to pour beverages.
Though it's always great to enjoy the summer time weather, they say the most fun part about representing their stations is the ability to give back to the united way as well.
"Everyday we report on so many things happening in the community," Shipman said. "The good, the bad. And a lot of it is good. We report on tons of organizations, and one of them happens to be the United Way. And whenever we can be apart of something that is positive and good happening in the community, and we get to have fun at the same time, the community gets to have fun at the same time. It's a win, win all around."
Saranac Thursdays happens every thursday during the summer.
It costs five dollars at the gate to get in and enjoy live music. The proceeds go towards the United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica region.
- WKTV participates in Saranac Thursdays media night
- WKTV participates in Boilermaker pasta challenge
- Saranac Brewery fire: 10 years later
- WKTV Heart Telethon: Call now to donate!
- WKTV Heart Telethon: Call 1-866-374-9588 to donate!
- Participants refuel following Heart Run and Walk
- WKTV Heart Telethon: Heart disease is a killer — call now to donate
- WATCH: Full WKTV coverage of the 2019 St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Poland seniors, first-graders participate in Indoor Heart Walk
- Sauquoit Valley students participate in National Student Walk Out