Two people have been arrested in the "horrific" murders of two women and two children in Troy, New York.
James W. White and Justin C. Mann were taken into custody, Troy Police Department Officer Eric Radagan told CNN.
Two children and two women were killed
Troy pastor: "The entire city is really traumatized'
Both defendants were to be arraigned Saturday morning, Troy Police Capt. Daniel DeWolf said earlier, and more information about the defendants will be released soon.
The victims -- Brandi Mells, 22, Shanta Myers, 36, and Myers' children Shanise, 5, and Jeremiah, 11 -- were found dead in a basement apartment on Tuesday in what police called a "horrific" homicide that shook the upstate New York city.
Police haven't released details of the killings, but Troy Police Chief John Tedesco said earlier this week that he couldn't describe the "savagery" of the killer. "I don't know of a word that can say it," Tedesco told reporters.
The two women were in a relationship, Tedesco said. A property manager in the upstate New York city alerted police after finding the four in a basement apartment.
While police on Thursday called on the public for tips, Troy residents were shaken.
Pastor Jackie Robinson Sr. of the Oak Grove Baptist Church in Troy said Shanta Myers had been a bus monitor for many years for Durham School Services, which runs the Troy school system's buses.
"The entire city is really traumatized by what has happened. It's inconceivable," Robinson said.
- Two arrested in 'horrific' quadruple upstate New York murders
- Police call for tips in 'horrific' quadruple homicide
- Limo crash kills 20 people in upstate New York
- Pregnant women addicted to opioids quadruples
- Suspect in quadruple killing at car wash dies
- Two children among 4 bodies found in upstate New York basement
- What the NTSB will investigate in the upstate New York limo crash that killed 20 people
- Rate of women addicted to opioids during pregnancy quadrupled in 15 years, CDC says
- New report details horrific abuse by priests
- America leads the world -- in this horrific way