A man who was fishing with his wife on Saginaw Bay drowned Tuesday after falling off their boat.
Joseph Houf of West Branch was about two miles offshore near Eagle Bay Marina. The 64-year-old was leaning over the side of the boat to free a tangled fish when a wave knocked him over.
Houf's wife could not pull him back onto the boat. Another fisherman later found Houf's body, according to the Arenac County Sheriff's Office.
Police were still investigating his death on Wednesday.
- Fisherman drowns in Saginaw Bay after falling off boat
- Ice fisherman flown to hospital after going into Saginaw Bay
- Coast Guard rescues sick, distressed boater on Saginaw Bay
- Storm causing major flood damage along Saginaw Bay in Bay County
- Coast Guard rescues fisherman after big wave capsizes boat
- Body of missing fisherman Nik Kayler found
- Friends mourn loss of missing fisherman
- Duck boat accident survivor mourns her 9 relatives who drowned
- Investigation looming over the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw continues
- Teen girls are doing acts of kindness in Saginaw